LEADING THE FUTURE OF DIETETICS THROUGH THE VISION OF OUR MEMBERS
The Austin Registered Dietitians Alliance is an organization whose purpose is to provide education, mentorship, and networking opportunities to a diverse, professional group of registered dietitian nutritionists and dietetic students.
Who We Are
Members of the Austin Registered Dietitians Alliance are passionate about food and nutrition and promote the use of scientific and evidence-based knowledge. Meetings allow members to learn and network in a fun, supportive environment that is designed to advance the interest of its members.
BECOME A MEMBER
Enrollment for the 2017-2018 membership year is now open!
Thank you for making the Wellness Symposium 2018 a success!
Check out our social media feeds for pictures of the event.
Interested in having a say in Wellness Symposium 2019? Contact us if you’re interested in contributing your time, expertise, or great ideas.
Director of Continuing Education: Melinda Nguyen, MS, RD
Director of Member Engagement: Erin Echternach, RD, LD
Executive Director: Sarah Winkler, MS, RD, LD
Continuing Terms for 2017-2018:
Secretary: Robyn Majors, MS, RD, LD
Treasurer: Alyssa D. Ferguson, RD, CSP, LD, CNSC
Director of Communications: Julia Lehle, RD, LD
Board Member: Kim Bandelier, MPH, RD, LD
Open Appointed Positions for 2017-2018:
Media Chair, Newsletter Editor, Wellness Symposium (Co-Chairs), Social Chair, Membership Chair, UT and Texas State University Liaisons, and Nominating Chair.
Priority 1: Enact a sound financial sustainability plan which allow the organization to raise and manage funds to meet its goals and to continue working towards the future.
- Goal 1: By August of each year, add financial information to members only section of website.
- Goal 2: By the first member meeting, set limit on per person spent on food.
- Goal 3: By the first member meeting, create a response system for food purchasing/providing.
Priority 2: Intentionally provide opportunities for members to gain access to information and social capital through creating, cultivating and utilizing quality interpersonal relationships.
- Goal 1: By August of each year, provide clear member benefits on website and at registration.
- Goal 2: By the first member meeting, create and provide access to members directory for all current members.
- Goal 3: By the end of the membership year, facilitate and review member survey and feedback information.
Priority 3: Promote a standard of professionalism through a continuing education program by providing instruction to maintain knowledge, skills, and standards of practice to assist members in performing their duties and personal growth.
- Goal 1: Each year, provide at least 8 CEs at member meetings.
- Goal 2: At each member meeting, provide quality information/speakers that engage the member base (get feedback from survey).
Priority 4: Pursue new members who share the mission, purpose and goals of the organization while creating a sustainability plan to retain members by offering them opportunities for growth, achievement, recognition, participation and enjoyment.
- Goal 1: By June 30 each year, provide annual report on progress of goals/strategy.
- Goal 2: By August 2017, update website look and enhance social media presence, and create new logo.
- Goal 3: By August each year, create email list-serve for current non-members and previous year members.
- Goal 4: Every quarter, send email to members about organization’s members only section on website and password/perks for members.
Priority 5: Build a sense of community by actively pursuing initiatives related to membership, influence, fulfillment of needs, and creating a shared emotional connection.
- Goal 1: By August each year, connect members to member directory.
- Goal 2: Each quarter, host social events/happy hours.
- Goal 3: Each year, cultivate leadership by recruiting 15 current members and non-members to board positions.